These of you who normally comply with the weblog know that Croatia is among the international locations that we now have favored to go to essentially the most. Its good local weather, seashores, historical past, unimaginable pure parks and charming cities make Croatia an ideal vacation spot to get pleasure from your summer season holidays. Do you wish to uncover it? On this article we’re going to present you all the things there’s What to see and do in Pula and Rovinj. Two very lovely cities on the Istrian peninsula that, though they’ve totally different airs, are very shut to one another, so when you drop by right here I like to recommend that you just go to each.
What to see and do in Pula and Rovinj on the Istrian coast, Croatia
Istria, the Croatian peninsula with an Italian taste
The Istrian peninsula is positioned within the north of Croatia, bordering Slovenia to the north and really near the border with Italy. It’s a peninsula that belonged to the Italian Republic till 1947, therefore the Italian footprint is perceived in each nook. Given its proximity to Italy, it’s an space very frequented by Italians, even a lot of the indicators and menus of the eating places are in Italian. The facades of the homes are harking back to Italian structure, and Istria nonetheless preserves Roman ruins.
Though there are different locations in Istria which might be additionally attention-grabbing akin to Porec or the Brijuni Nationwide Park, resulting from lack of time we couldn’t go there. The cities that visited in Istria have been Pula and Rovinjand we spent an evening in Opatija the place we ate probably the greatest pizzas I’ve ever eaten in my life, I nonetheless bear in mind it, mmm!!!
What to see in Pula
We arrived at Pula airport, coming from Brussels with the Ryanair firm. Immediately from the aircraft we might see the crystal clear water off the coast of Croatia. And that was ready for us to get pleasure from it for per week!
Our first cease in Croatia was Pula, the capital of Istria. A metropolis with a most attention-grabbing historic heart. Strolling via the streets of the previous city of Pula you simply come throughout the mark that the Roman Empire left on it. The middle is small, all of the monuments are very shut and you may go to it on foot in half a day (roughly).
These are all important locations to see in Pula:
- Watch the Roman amphitheater “Pula Enviornment”, an important and important monument in Pula. It’s up to date with the Colosseum in Rome and is among the six largest amphitheaters which might be preserved in the present day. It’s in excellent situation and may be visited inside. In the course of the summer season live shows are held on this amphitheater and the Pula Movie Pageant additionally takes place there.
- The Triumphal Arch of the Sergius, was erected within the yr 27 BC and was previously the gateway to town. This arch was surrounded by the walled enclosure that bordered town, but it surely was demolished resulting from enlargement points. At this time the arch continues to welcome us to the previous city of Pula.
- The Temple of Augustus, dates from the yr 14 AD and was erected in honor of the Roman emperor. Though it has had numerous makes use of since its lengthy life, it needed to be rebuilt after being bombed throughout World Warfare II. At present it serves as a museum to show components of Roman sculpture carved in stone.
- The Outdated City Corridor of Pula. Positioned in the identical sq. because the Temple of Augustus, just a few meters from it. It’s at the moment the seat of presidency in Pula.
- You may also see in Pula, particularly in Carrarina avenue, the stays of the historic roman partitions that delimited the previous city of the previous Pula.
- The Pula Cathedralthough it’s an important church within the metropolis, it’s not essentially the most excellent monument in Pula.
What to do in Pula: Seashores in Verudela and Banjole
For when you might have completed your go to to Pula, and also you wish to loosen up a bit, on this space there are a whole lot of coves and seashores which might be very full of life in summer season. We suggest the world of Verudela o Banjole. Verudela is nearer to Pula than Banjole. As we had rented a automobile, we determined to go to Banjole seashore, however both possibility is ideal.
Banjole seashore is positioned about quarter-hour by automobile from the middle of Pula, it’s a cove of white pebbles, with crystal clear water. To place some defect, remark that being a stone seashore, the use of booties is important, as is the case on virtually all seashores in Croatia. The seashore is small and is kind of busy, since it is extremely near town. That is the place we loved our first swim on the Croatian coast 🙂 .
What to see and do in Rovinj, one of the crucial lovely cities in Europe
Rovinj is undoubtedly the jewel of Istria. It’s positioned west of Pula, about 40 minutes by automobile. It’s a picturesque fishing village with a whole lot of attraction. Rovinj is a city to stroll amongst its coloured homes, cobbled floor, slim streets… It’s surrounded by cliffs the place many terraces are hidden the place you’ll be able to have a drink whereas having fun with the breeze from the Adriatic Sea. Rovinj is a city that I extremely suggest you go to.
For sure, one of the best factor in regards to the metropolis is the attraction that it transmits, with out the necessity for monuments or gorgeous church buildings, which, in any case, is what makes a metropolis extra lovely. In contrast to Pula, which is a extra historic metropolis, Robinj is extra of an enthralling city.
Though Rovinj is a type of locations which might be extra to stroll than to go to, these are the locations that I like to recommend you see in Rovinj:
- Go inside for him Arco Balbi and go to the previous city from Rovinj, stroll the cobbled slopes of the village leisurely, having fun with the views.
- At a look, what stands out most about Rovinj is the Church of Saint Euphemia, with its 60 meter bell tower jutting out between the homes of Rovinj. Strolling via the middle of Rovinj you’ll simply attain it.
- It additionally highlights the aquarium of Rovinj that, though we didn’t go, maybe it is strongly recommended when you go along with youngsters.
- Though there are terraces bordering the complete coast of the city, within the port space It’s a very full of life space to have a drink.
The place to sleep in Rovinj
If you happen to spend the night time in fantastic Rovinj within the Outdated City ResidencesSome pals of ours stayed they usually liked it.
After spending a day in Robinj, we drive to Opatija, simply over an hour from Rovinj. We determined to spend the night time there, to purchase a while since the following day we supposed to go to Plitvice Lakes. We did not spend a whole lot of time in Opatija, however when you occur to be passing by, I wish to suggest the restaurant the place we ate probably the greatest pizzas I’ve ever tasted.
Advice for lunch or dinner in Opatija:
The restaurant I am speaking about is: Pizzeria Roko. Marsala Tita 114, Opatija. The environment of the restaurant is romantic, the worth is correct and the pizza was undoubtedly excellent. And to drink, do not forget to order the standard Croatian beer: Ozujsko.
In search of lodging in Opatija?
In Opatija we stayed in Vila Irma economical, within the heart, coquettish and on high of that the proprietor was very majestic. If you happen to resolve to spend the night time in Pula we suggest the Lodge Metropolis Heart Roomscould be very cute and could be very nicely positioned.
Word: If you don’t intend to go via this space, Opatija is expendable.
Are you in search of a rental automobile to maneuver round Croatia?
If you wish to do the route via Croatia by yourself, I like to recommend that you just search for a rental automobile instantly at rentalcars.
Do you want medical health insurance to journey to Croatia?
In Croatia, the European Well being Card is legitimate, however when you wouldn’t have it in power, or you might be merely not a European citizen, you’ll have to carry personal medical insurance coverage. We suggest you Iati Seguros, one of the best journey insurance coverage. Additionally, for being a reader of the weblog you might have a 5% low cost when you contract it instantly from this hyperlink.
What do you consider these two cities in Istria? Do you might have any extra questions on what to see and do in Pula and Rovinj? Go away us a remark together with your opinion or your doubt, we can be delighted to reply you!
If you wish to see extra photographs of our journeys you’ll be able to comply with us on instagramWe add a brand new photograph day by day. Y when you favored the weblog you’ll be able to subscribe right here and you’ll obtain an electronic mail with every new publish? .